Building the Clemenceau's Airwing (4)

Continued working on the F-8 Crusaders.  I really like the clean aggressive lines of Vought's Crusader.  L'Arsenal does a good job of capturing the look of the aircraft in resin.  Assembling the various resin and PE components is fairly easy and straightforward.  I did damage two planes while removing them from the resin---a real bummer.  Each model was painted with a combination of Model Master enamels and acrylics and Tamiya acrylics.  For the canopies, I used an artist market.  The color is smoked gray and it works really well.

Decals came from L'Arsenal's decal sets.  I added sidewinder missile rails from the WEM Enterprise aircraft set to some of the Crusaders.  They are designed for the A-7 Corsair, but look really good on the Crusader.  I also added PE ladders left over from various 1/400 GMM sets.

Figures are from Goffy and the vehicles are from the USS Wasp kit.





Comments

Popular Posts