Another M113. This time an M113A2

While I was working on the M-577, I used some of the left over parts to refresh an old shelf-queen that had been sitting in storage for a while now. This is the Academy M113A2 kit. Long out of production, it remains still one of the best kits of M113.

The kit had a paint job that came out less than desired. So I stripped the paint using Simple Green de-greaser. I soaked the model and its components for 3 days and then scrubbed some of the tough spots with an old tooth brush. There is some underlying staining from the primer I used, but for the most part the paint came off pretty well.

The model was then washed with soap and water and allowed to air dry. Here it is ready to paint. I just need to order some new AFV club rubber band tracks.


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts