A Gift from My Wife


About a year ago, my wife was kind enough to purchase the Heller 1/400 Clemenceau aircraft carrier kit. Unfortunately, work and grad school kept me from building it for over a year.  Now that things have slowed down a bit, I am excited to get started.

I have never built a kit this large (I usually build 1/720 scale ships).  The kit's details are basic, but the overall quality is pretty good.  There is very little, if any flash. That doesn't mean the kit is not without its flaws.  The mobile crane is essentially a blob of plastic and the antiaircraft guns are toy-like.   For a more detailed review of the Heller Clemenceau kit, I recommend you visit this review of the kit.

The best feature of this kit is that it allows any modeler to detail the the model as they see fit.  The kit is perfect for beginners and experts alike.

Comments

Popular Posts