Display Case for the 1/400 Heller Clemenceau

I ordered a display case from Grandpa's cabinets.  It measures 28x6x8.  It arrived in a very sturdy box and in perfect condition.  The base was a dark walnut and came with a very nice plexiglass surround.  The quality of the base and the plexiglass is outstanding.

I decided to make a sea scape for my Clemenceau.  Here, I used Liquidex acrylic modeling paste.  I used nearly an entire jar to create the scene.  Waves were built up using my finger and a set of cheap paint brushes.

After the base dried for nearly 3 days, I painted a base color of dark sea blue with a mixture of blue and green acrylics. Then I painted the wake and wave tips with titanium white.  I also gave it three coats of high gloss Future acrylic floor polish to give the sea scape a wet look.

The model was then secured to the base using superglue and more acrylic paste.  With that, the Heller 1/400 Clemenceau is now complete. I must admit, I love it. Probably the best ship I have ever made.















Thank you for reading.  Now off to the Heller Jeanne D'Arc.

Comments

Popular Posts