Gathering Resources for the Heller 1/400 Jeanne D'arc

The Jeanne D'Arc has been in service for a very long time and has gone through a number of different electronic suites, armaments, and fits.  The Heller kit provides the parts you need to build the Jeanne D'Arc as commissioned, but I am looking to update the kit to a more modern fit.   

What does that mean?  First, I had to find some additional reference material.  Thank god for Google.  The web is loaded with images of the Jeanne D'Arc in her current fit.  A couple of examples can be found below. 

Next, I need to find the right parts. I am going to use domes left over from a botched 1/350 Italeri USS Gettysburg kit and a leftover rangefinder from the old Tamiya M-60A1 ERA kit.  I am also going to toss the kit supplied guns and missile launchers.  The details on them are very weak or non-existent.  They will be replaced with detail parts from L'Arsenal.  For more information on the L'Arsenal Mk. 53 100 guns that I will use please see my review here.  As soon as I order L'Arsenal's exocet launchers, I will post a review on this blog. 









Comments

Popular Posts