Building the Gallery Ospreys and Comparing them to the Bronco Ones


Next, I built the Ospreys that came with the Wasp kit. The photo I'm basing my model on has six Ospreys on the flight deck about to take off and I plan on using the Gallery ones for this.  Part of the reason is because I have the right amount of aircraft in the kit and in the accessories kit I purchased earlier.




These came together well, though you need to watch the seam where the tail meets the main body. I don't like having to attached the tail to the main body. It's just another thing that needs to have its alignment checked. I wished it was modeled on the body of the aircraft like the Bronco ones I built earlier.

A nice feature is the fact that the engine pods are modeled as a single unit on the Gallery Models version. 

The next question is how do these compare the ones from Bronco. To be honest the Bronco ones are better. They have more detail and the assembly is better. The engine pod comes in separate pieces, but the detail is great.  The reason I am using the Gallery ones is cost. The Bronco ones are about $9 for a box of two.  It was just more cost effective to use the Gallery ones. If I had the budget and didn't need to purchase other things for the Wasp kit, I would have bought more. 

Comments

Popular Posts