Priming the Hull of the Heller Jeanne D'Arc

Hit a bit of the a snag with Heller's Jeanne D'Arc.

When I painted the Clemenceau, I didn't need to the prime the surface of the model at all.  The paint went on pretty evenly and I had no trouble after about two coasts of paint.  But for some reason, the Testor's acrylic gray that I'm using wouldn't go on evenly or cover well.  I tried building up coats, but nothing was working.  Maybe the plastic is different on this model, I don't know.

Finally, I decided to prime the ship with Walmart's very cheap gray spray paint.  It is a cheap and easy primer, and at about $2 dollars for a large can, will last awhile.  Another fun fact: You can use Walmart's gray spay paint for USN Haze Gray.

Gave the hull a two quick coats and it's currently drying for the next 24 hours or so.  In the meantime, I need to order more paint.








Comments

Popular Posts