Croatan Nearly Done

Over the course of the last few weeks, I got a lot of work done on the Croatan. I finished the cranes by adding Skywave and GMM parts to the them. They were painted and I made the windows in the crane assembly using Krystal Clear liquid and then using the Tamiya panel liner wash.

The 20-foot containers are from Blue Boy and are photo etch. The crates are again from the NIKO set.

To simulate aircraft being cocooned for the long trip, I used Trumpeter F4 Phantoms and painted them Tamiya White. I then gave them a thin panel line wash and then flat coated them.

The base is from Tamiya and it was airbrushed Testors Dark Tan to make it look like a muddy river leading to a base or port in Vietnam. I still have to add wake details and give the water a few gloss coats. That will be the subject of my last article.

 

Comments

Popular Posts