USNS Croatan is Finished

Finished up the base this weekend. Again, this is a Tamiya display base painted dark tan to look like a muddy river in Vietnam. I used acrylic modeling gel to make the make the wake. I wanted to show the ship moving at slow speeds, so I didn't add a lot of white. In fact, I only gently dry brushed some white on the very tips of the waves. It's subtle and it may not show in up the pictures.

I will bring this to the IPMS NOVA Model Classic on April 29, along with the Saratoga, Minsk, Wasp and a 1/35 Sheriden I built.

After building so many carriers over the last year or so, I am going to take a break abit and focus on some 1/35 scale modern armor. I will upload in progress shots here as well. I just need to build something that goes together quickly and easily.





Comments

Popular Posts