Yellow Gear Change

In a recent post about the ship's yellow gear, I mentioned that had I converted the deck tractors from the Gallery Models USS WASP.  While I think they look pretty good, I decided that it was too far of a stretch.   I might use them in a later project--perhaps when I build the ex-Foch, as the aircraft carrier Sao Paulo

One option I am considering is purchasing the Heller 1/400 Charles DeGaulle kit.  I am thinking about making resin copies of the deck tractors found in the kit.  If I do this, it will be a pretty expensive way of getting six very small tractors.  Yet, if I can make the molds work, I will be able to make enough deck tractors to comfortably equip both kits.


By the way, has anyone ever made their own resin copies of parts?  If so, any guidance would be very helpful.

Comments

Popular Posts