Attaching the Flight Deck and Decals to the Heller Clemenceau

After the railings were installed on the lower hull of the Clemenceau, I installed the flight deck.  The fit was OK, but there was a large seam on the bow where the lower hull and the flight deck meet.  You will need to fill and sand down the gap.  Nothing too serious, but if you buy the Heller Clemenceau you should know about it.

After the flight deck was added, I painted the water line black and parts of the lower hull flat red. Again, all of the paints used here are acrylic.  Then I gave the lower hull and the flight deck a gloss coat before adding the decals.

The decals are from the Heller Clemenceau kit.  They are very good and go on with minimal fuss.  Be careful with the large landing area decal.  It will tear pretty easily if you are not careful. Mine did.  I tried to fix it as best I could.

After decals were added. I gave the whole model a quick spray of gloss coat.  After this dried, I moved on to weathering the lower bull and flight deck.






Comments

Popular Posts