Painting Heller's 1/400 Clemenceau

Here is the Clemenceau after a good coat of Testors Aircraft Gray.  Decks and exposed platforms were painted Testors Gull Gray. The flight deck was painted several coats of Tamiya's panzer gray.  I had to thin this down a bit to get get even coverage.  Smaller details like domes, fire houses, safety lines were picked out with reds, greens, whites, and other colors.










I also began painting some of the smaller details such as the guns, optical landing system, and the ships boats.  Each of these were hand painted with either Testors or Tamiya acrylics.

The model and all of the smaller details received a thin wash of black lamp oil paint.  The wash was very thin was designed to add definition to the all gray ship.  After the wash dried, I dry brushed it with Testors Light Gray to bring depth to the raised details.




After painting the smaller details, I then tried to detail the windows.  It was a little tricky.  As I have said before, Heller's Clemenceau does not have a lot of detailed.  When it comes to windows, this especially true.  I could have spent a lot of time rebuilding the window frames, but designed that was not something I wanted to do.  Instead I made the best of the situation.  Using a very fine sharpie, I filled in the windows freehand.  Any goof up, was corrected using a tooth-pick and a little gray paint.


Comments

Popular Posts