My Next Project is the Gallery Models U.S.S. Wasp

After the Heller Jeanne D'Arc went bust, I have been looking for another ship to build. After cleaning out my closet, I found the Gallery Models U.S.S. Wasp. As you may recall, I used the fork lifts and tow tractors for my Heller Clemenceau. Well, now I'm going to build the whole thing properly.

The 1/350 Wasp is a great kit and has received accolades from many in the model ship community. It offers those who suffer from advanced modeling syndrome an endless fix. It comes with a very detailed well deck with vehicles like an M1A1 Abrams, HMMVs 7-ton trucks, AAV-7A1s, and two howitzers.  You also get two LCUs and two LCACs.  These are mini kits and full of detail.

If that's not enough, the kit features a detailed hangar deck and a fleet of aircraft, comprised of 2 Harriers,  4 CH53s, 2 AH-1W Cobras, 4 CH-46s, and 4 MV-22 Ospreys. The kit also contains 2 SH-60Js. These are not correct for the Wasp and fit better with the JMSDF Hyuga DDH. The detail on the aircraft is fantastic with nice recessed panel lines. The only drawback for some is the fact they are molded in clear plastic.

What more could you want? This is should be a fun project to work on for the rest of the year.

Comments

Popular Posts