Back at it this weekend

Took some time off from the Clemenceau to take a vacation with my family.  I will get back to work this weekend.  My goals are to complete the bow and make some solid progress on the stern and maybe even the flight deck.

In the meantime, I have posted photos of one of my previous ship models.  In this case, the Italeri 1/720 USS Saratoga built to look like the Sara during the late 1960s. I scratch built, with moderate success, the rear gun towers that were a common feature of the Forrestal class in the mid 1960s. The radars, safety nets, deck crew and railings are from GMM. The 5-inch rear guns are from the Skywave Modern Weapons Set. 

Fujimi, WEM, and Skywave provided the air wing. The F-4s and A-5s came from Fujimi's 1966 Kitty Hawk Air wing. Skywave Navel Aircraft kits provided the Skyhawks, Hawkeyes, and Intruders. The two Sea Sprites are from WEM. I got so frustrated with the PE landing gear provided in the kit, that I cannibalized the struts from two Skywave A-7s. Finally, the Seaking is from Italeri. It cleans up well with the addition of GMM rotors and Skywave decals.  Please see below. 


















Comments

Popular Posts