Cut, Sand, and Saw

Finished up the last few items on the bow.

I used 7-gauge wire to make the piping found on the bow of the FN Clemenceau.  It took a bit of time to bend it into the right shape, but I was very happy with the result.
Next, I started on the stern.  The Clemenceau and her sister Foch had an open rear deck, similar to those found on British aircraft carriers of the era. The Heller kit has molded these openings, but for some reason only three of them are open.  Four of them, two on each side, are molded solid.  Needless to say, I had to open these in order to show off the rear deck.

Using a pin drill, I made a series of small holes in each of the windows.  After making several holes, I used a hobby knife and cleared out the remaining plastic.  I then sanded around the rims of the openings.


Comments

Popular Posts