Attaching the Final Details to the Hull

After the weathering the Clemenceau, adding a gloss coat, and waiting about 4 days, I started adding some of the smaller details to the ship.  On the lower hull, I added life preservers to the railings on the lower hull.  I also added a safety net for the LSO platform.  The netting came from GMM and was painted with Tamiya's NATO Black.   I also added railings to the edge of the flight deck near the island.  Then I added the ship's crane which was detailed with PE hooks and railings.  Finally, I added the safety nets to the flight deck and attached the various antenna to the ship.

All of these railings and safety nets came from the 1/400 Naval PE set from GMM. The antenna came are hat pins available from Michael's or Hobby Lobby.  After a flat coat, the lower hull and flight deck were complete.





Comments

Popular Posts