The Heller 1/400 Jeanne D'Arc

While the various bits and pieces of the Heller Clemenceau dried, I started on the 1/400 Heller Jeanne D'Arc.  This helo-cruiser was recently decommissioned after almost 40 years of service.

The Heller kit is well done, but it shows the Jeanne D'arc as commissioned with four 100mm Mk. 1953 guns and exocet anti-ship missiles.   However, I wanted to show her in the 2003ish fit.   This requires me to remove the rear gun mounts and I will need to add different radars and satellite domes to the ship.   As far as the airwing goes, I am not going to use the Super Frelons.  As you know, these are going to  be used on my Clemenceau.  Instead, I will use some of the helicopters from L'Arsenal's 1/400 helicopter kits.  If I am lucky, I should have two Pumas, two Gazelles, and one Dolphin.  The Jeanne D'arc will also get a detailed hangar deck. 


At least that's the plan. 

Comments

Popular Posts