Making the Clemenceau's Airwing

An aircraft carrier must have an airwing.  The kit's supplied aircraft are simple and adequate.  However, I wanted to take mine up a notch.  So I bought, two sets of L'Arsenal's resin F-8 Crusaders, three sets of their Super Etendards, and one set of the Breguet Br.1050 Alizé anti submarine aircraft.  L'Arsenal provides you with five resin aircraft in each set.  So potentially, my Clemenceau could have an airwing of 35 aircraft.  however, I am sure I am going to mess up a bit so I believe that number may go down a little.   My goal is to have about 8 Crusaders, 10 to 12 Etendards and 3/4 Alize on the deck. 






For a review of L'Arsenal's Super Etendards and the Alize, please go to Modelwarships. 


I also salvaged two Super Frelon's from the Heller Jeanne D'arc kit.  These are nice little kits.  Although, they are not as nice as the resin kits, they will clean up well  I plan on removing the plastic rotors and replacing them with strips of left over photo etch.  I plan on painting them blue angle blue, flat white and international orange similar to the Frelon in this picture. 

Comments

Popular Posts