The Heller Clemenceau Gets a Crew: Painting the Goffy Figures

Tiny figures.

I love the look of highly detailed model aircraft carriers with their flight decks filled with figures and vehicles.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, I purchased two sets of the Goffy 1/350 resin figures.  I ended up using about a set and half for the ship (minus a few lost to the carpet monster).  I painted the flight deck crew figures an overall intermediate blue and then the various shirts were picked out with yellow, green, brown and white paint.  I used the tip of a toothpick and Model Master sand to add faces (or something like that).  Pilots were painted with Model Master Field drab and given flat white helmets.

Universal figures representing officers and crew were first painted Tamiya's NATO Black from the waist down, and then their tops were painted a mix of Blue Angel Blue and flat white.  Again, faces were picked out using Model Master Sand.

I left the figures a little glossy.  This will help them stand out against all of the drab gray on the ship.




Comments

Popular Posts